North Bend Plantation, ca 1801, was built by John Minge for his wife Sarah Harrison, sister of William Henry Harrison, 9th U.S. President. General Sheridan and his union troops occupied the area in 1864 and a desk used by General Sheridan remains with original labels confirming the date of its use by him. Heirlooms at North Bend trace the family history to previous owners of Westover, Evelynton and Berkeley Plantations. Its 1200 acres are still actively farmed.
Enjoy the hospitality offered by one of Virginia’s oldest families. Spacious rooms, antiques, private baths and fireplaces welcome visitors. Three porches, billiard room, swimming pool and lawn games. Full country breakfast and refreshments on arrival.
North Bend is located at the midpoint of the Cap to Cap Bicycle Trail (Jamestown to Richmond); one mile from bike trail and restaurant; 3 miles from fishing pier and boat ramp. Busch Gardens, Water Country, Colonial Williamsburg, golf courses and wineries nearby. Transportation to nearby restaurant provided for bicyclist.
With its expansive grounds, wide center hall and heirloom antiques makes an ideal location for weddings, receptions, private parties and special events.
National Register of Historic Places
Grounds open daily.
House tours by appointment only.